one thing after another

Less than one minute read time.

Dad has collapsed.. Absolutely devastated. The shakes he is on are not giving him enough nutrients and energy and is loosing weight because he can not drink them because his throat is so painful. Had to ring an ambulance and took him in because of low blood pressure!! Praying and hoping they will get a tube put into his stomach.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Morning Sunisshing,

So sorry to read about the problems your dad is having - hopefully they will sort him out with a feeding tube in hospital and get some iv fluids into him. No doubt the chemo and radiotherapy will have knocked the stuffing out of him especially if this was radiotherapy to the neck/throat or oesophagus areas ?

You don't mention his type of cancer but if you select the 'Groups' button on the left near the top of the page you should be able to find a specific group for is cancer type which you could join to get some advice and answers from those in similar situations.

There are also groups for Family and Friends and a Carers Only group if you are helping in a caring role ? Feel free to join however many groups you think may be of help to you both.

Alternatively if you can reply with some more information we can guide you to the best areas to save you getting lost navigating this huge site.

Hope this is of some help at a tough time, do get back to us with an overnight update.

Take care, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for the reply. Yeah seeing him fall over has made me realise how weak he is. He had tonsil cancer with a cancerous lump on his neck.

He had both tonsils removed. And major surgery to remove the lump because it was so deep and entangled which took 5 hours.

I'm new to all this so I'm just getting my head around finding stuff at the minute but I definitely need to talk to someone who's going through what I am because ive never felt so alone. I'm being strong for him but I've literally got nothing left inside me.

I'm going to ring my dad at noon time to see what's gone on but I said before I left make sure you explain you cannot eat because your mouth is to painful and now it's to painful for the meal shakes.