Day 36

1 minute read time.

Hi I'm Richard and i'm 32 from Swansea Wales. 

Right now I am in the start of day 36.

I was admitted quite a while back, at first with a bad chest which then turned into pneunomia, which involved 3 weeks of having my chest drained of about 6 litres of liquid .

That was not fun having a pipe in the back of my chest 24/7 unable to sleep, or get an appitite. They did scan after scan and found nothing then they tried putting a camera down my chest and found and blockage . Then they operated and found tissue which then went off for biopsy. 

About a week and a half later results were I have a NUT generic cancer which gave me lung cancer. Only 100 cases of this cancer registered so ..

I'm on my first round of chemo , 3rd day into but on my 4th/5th ward. Which is frustrating as all I seem to do is wait around nothing to do . 

I am finding the lack of any privacy annoying can't seem to relax , as everyone seems to be telling me to just lay in bed all day long and I am getting depressed a lot.  Can't seem to find An outlet as no-one understands and everywhere I read are posts about people watching their relatives and hardly any "I am going through cancer" posts.

I'll blog a bit later .. hopefully this will help

Anonymous
  • I know what you mean, sometimes it just seems as though its all carers on line!! I understand they need advice and reassurance too. I look in on the living with incurable cancer group (i'm not saying this is you) but its just for patients so everyone understands each other.

I have mesothelioma and i'm twice your age so don't mind putting my feet up all day (i'm basically lazy and an armchair sportswoman).

Take care, you can be sure there'll be plenty of us patients reading your blog and wishing you well through the chemo.