A Diary Of A Mesowarrior Living With Mesothelioma — Scan Result “Complete Response To Keytruda Trial “

4 minute read time.

A Diary Of A Mesowarrior Living With Mesothelioma — Scan Result “Complete Response To Keytruda Trial “

Rate This

hug

It was so horrible when the alarm went off 4.45am today and I moaned but then remebered it was Tuesday and it was The Royal Marsden drug day. But it was also scan day and this will be the last one before the end of the 2 year trial.

Ray walked the dog and I got a shower to wake me up.

The traffic wasn’t that bad but we did have a hold up on the M25 as a car had broken down but it was great from then on. As we pulled into the car park we had news they had shut the M20 behind us as a car was on fire. You just never know do you.

We had the waiting room to ourselves but then 3 more couples came in. I can never tell always who is the patient an who is the carer. Cancer is so funny that you can look so well and yet you have a horrible growth inside.

The nurse called us in all together so we soon filled up the chairs. Lorraine bless her gets so worried about my veins as she knows why a PICC line was so good for me. Now every-time they have to find the vein. Yes One that is all I seem to have.

Bloods done, weighing and arm pumped up, temperature taken I was ready to go and wait to see my Doctor.

There was 2 rooms already taken so he asked if it was ok to see me in the cardiology room. Ray followed and told me later he thought he was putting us in there for bad news.

We had a good chat about Singapore and Asbestos with Doctor Yoo as that is is own country and I was surprised when he said they dont have many Mesothelioma cases. I asked if was misdiagnosed as they had so many Ship yards there.

Now Im home and checked I found they have very strong Control of Asbestos.http://www.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/chemical-safety/hazardous-substances/control-of-asbestos-in-singapore

Anyway Doctor Woo said he was looking forward to my scan infact all the Doctors were. So we left him had a coffee and went up to the Scanning Dept.

I had to go in and began to get nervous. It was so important.

Scan done we went back to Oak Ward and it wasnt long before I was called in.

The Drug number 49 went into my veins.

The Doctors were in their scan meeting and I thought I was going to miss them but no! as we were saying good bye to everyone in walked my Doctor smiling away and said “We are so happy there is a complete response. You get partial and good but yours is complete.” We held hands and was laughing and a nurse hugged me. How wonderful is that ?

Sue Bechtel's profile photo

Then when I got home I had the terrible news of the Death of a lovely man

Sue Bechtel said xx Our darling Kurt passed away peacefully last night in hospital, with us all by his side. He has fought so hard the past 18 months to beat the mesothelioma and had active treatment right up until Sunday in an effort to get through this period of illness brought on by the chemo. His braveness and strength in the way he has met this illness head-on, to buy him more precious time with his family, has been inspirational to myself and the girls. He was, and always will be, the love of my life and soulmate, my best friend. I could not have chosen a more loving father for Sophie and Chloe. He is going to leave such a big void in our lives.
Can I ask that people please not text or private message me as I won’t have the energy to respond. Thanks.

candle and flowers
To a very Brave Warrior a wonderful loving Husband and a adorable Father to his girls.and loved by all of us and his family. RIP Kurt.
When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches over us. May you take comfort in knowing that you have an angel to watch over you now. We extend our most sincere condolences to you.Sue

How many more I want this to stop and There is an answer now in my body. I hope they find out how Immunotherapy has worked with me. Lets solve the problem of Mesothelioma and Cancer forever. ———-

Rays Blog

OMG its marsden day. Up in the darkness usual dog walk up the lane in the early light. Then tackle the M25. Todays traffic was less than kind. Hold ups everywhere. But we made it. Booked in and wait. 8.30 arrives and Mavis gets called in for bloods and fitting a canula. Its scan day. So after bloods we set off to get to radiology .

https://mesoandme.wordpress.com/2016/04/19/tuesday-176/

Anonymous