Georgie50

Less than one minute read time.

I lost my precious lovely dad 4 weeks ago me and my mum not coping especially my mum they had been married 60 years in October i took my dad to hospital on Tuesday we thought he had a chest infection nothing more he died a week later from lung cancer my lovely dad who I saw nearly every day I still carnt believe it my mums heart is completely broken and so is mine how do we cope life does not seem to get any better my dad would come and see me most days I would have a chat with him keep looking at my gate waiting for him to come through it and say hello I know people have gone through same experience and probably a lot worse but to me and my mum we feel like the only ones we are heartbroken what do we do 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

So very sorry to read about your dear dad, what an awful shock and what a wrench for that to happen in such a short, short time. Nothing can prepare you for losing your parent or your partner. All you can do is be there for your mum, for each other and share how you feel. The loss is still too raw, too close and too real. You will both be in shock, the fragility of life becomes so large and it's hard to understand how life goes on for others whilst you are in so much pain. Grief is painful, grief is real and grief needs to be acknowledged. It's not easy and others will no doubt say the wrong things to you (I Apologise if anything in my post is wrong too) but you can't imagine how it will be until you are going through it. As you both are. There are groups who you can speak to if you feel ready or strong enough, just be there for each other, talk about him, cry, laugh at happy memories when they come to you-and they will in Time. It's a hard time for you both now, you are not alone but you do feel that way. Sending you both hugs and strength . X

Clare