It saddens me to write this

1 minute read time.

This is the first and last blog I shall write on this site, and it saddens me to write this.

My wife is disabled and is pestered by Macmillan who insist on sending her unwanted material in the post, frequently including raffle tickets.  The wisdom of sending raffle tickets to any old Tom, Dick or Harry escapes me, since it's too easy just to pocket the money oneself, but there goes. Being disabled, she is unable to sell the tickets and ends throwing them in the bin, which a waste of her time and everyone's money. She has called and contacted Macmillan many times in the past to get them to stop - and they haven't. Once again today she received another bundle of raffle tickets in the post, tried phoning Macmillan and ended up crying down the phone and leaving a tearful message for someone to read on Monday. I ended up having to console her. 

She also discovered that one of her friends was recently accosted and insulted by a Macmillan chugger in Bristol. 

These things may seem trivial when you're young, fit and healthy, but when you're not quite so young and you're disabled then these thing become unwanted intimidation. 

Macmillan do a lot of good work, but right now if neither of us ever hear of Macmillan again it will be too soon.  Have the big charities learned nothing??  Clearly not.

Macmillan needs to get its house in order, and it needs to vet its chuggers very carefully.  We have both been alienated and never again will we give a single penny to this organisation.

No amount of good work can make up for the evil Macmillan has done to my wife today. 

You have lost two supporters. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Telemando and thank you for getting in touch.

I'm so sorry that you and your wife have had such a bad experience with Macmillan - I've passed your complaint on to the relevant team and I'm sure that they will be very keen to investigate this. 

Please could you contact me at community@macmillan.org.uk with some more details (your name and address - and the name and address that appears on the unwanted post) and I'll make sure that your complaint is dealt with.

Kind regards,
    Michael.