confused

Less than one minute read time.

Never thought it was cancer, thought I was wasting the docs time. No one in my family ever had cancer. Just dimples made me get it checked.

sent for mammogram and ultrasound still felt that I was wasting their time. Asked radiologist if it was a cyst, she said no, she said cancer. Omg I'm not a fraud after all. I wasn't going to get it checked.

Have been a whirlwind ever since. More tests bone, ct and mri scans. 3cm lump in left breast, still feels like someone else story. Never felt so alone, everyone else sits with their partner, all alone mum past last year, kids at school. Seeing Mr Daoud on cause of treatment Wednesday. Will get it sorted, I'm sure its not going to get me down, got to make sure my kids are ok.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Karen,

Hi Karen, Sorry to see you joining this particular club :(  Do come and join us all in the very active Breast Group. After you join the group just select New Discussion and post an introduction, asking any questions you may have, you'll soon get plenty of friendly replies and reassurance.

So pleased to read you had this niggling doubt this needed looking into even if you did feel a bit of a fraud - something most of us feel at the start - Then they drop the C bomb on you and you realise how sensible that decision was.

Have you no friend or family locally that you can have  accompany you to your appointments this is doubly tough if you have to go it alone :(

Take care, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I was the same as you, from the time I went to doctors then breast unit for tests thought I was wasting everyones time, was diagnosed Monday with breast cancer, thank goodness we went! We have to look at the positives.

I hope you have friends/family for support, must be tough being a single Mum but there is a lot of support out there.

Keep strong,

lots of love xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Really low today and the sun shone, should of been out in the garden, but feeling sorry for myself.

seeing consultant tomorrow and finally meet Catherine my MacMillan nurse, they where too busy my first appointment so had to have a phone call, she seemed lovely.

Before diagnosis I was happy being single, now I hate being alone. Someone close, fed up having to be strong for everyone (everyone being friends) of cause I will be strong for the kids as they don't deserve a weak parent, but its hard.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry to hear you're having a bad day but don't be hard on yourself there is no wrong or right way to feel, my emotions are all over the place, walking home from town last week the blossom on the trees made me cry!!

How old are your children?

Sending you a big hug xxx