Green house gases and the Hubble Telescope

2 minute read time.

Oh my gosh why didn't any any tell us about chemo farts.... while most are not death defying deadly, the gas emissions in the house have definitely gone up significantly, including noise levels.  I'm sure the green house gases can be attributed in part the increased healthy diet with lots more vegetables although I'm sure the larger part is chemo treatment it's self.

Well I definitely hope so!

But I'm getting ahead myself, my partner AJ was diagnosed with HL stage 4B in December and he is well through treatment, almost at half way mark!

We've gone through all the 7 stages, well our version of them. Stream rolled through actually and managed it without listening to James Blunt and Adele.  Here's how we categorised them ... Our version...

SHOCK & DENIAL- yep did that big time, along with putting fingers in the ears saying loudly lalalala. In fact it was a repeating theme. 

PAIN & GUILT - AJ did far more of this, worrying about everyones feelings. I hadn't left Denial, I had shut the windows and firmly locked the doors, and put up "gone fishing sign".

ANGER & BARGAINING - We decided this only required a short stop over visit, not much to be gained and left rapidly. 

UPWARD TURN/HOPE - actually as soon as we had a plan and chemo started, it was game on (!)  and we have every intention of winning. 

I'll write more later, if for no reason than to keep me sane ..

But I'll leave with our funniest story, AJ has never had piles, ever, or been constipated - we were entering virgin territory.  

Having found himself in this bizarre situation he had buy and use AnuSol cream and suppositories. The marketing guy that came up with name was surely having a laugh ... We'd shake his hand, if we didn't know where it had probably been :) 

After several days of using said suppositories and AJ being Physics major, he came up with similarities between Anusol and the Space Shuttle:

- It's the same shape as the big orange fuel tank the Shuttle sits on
- It feels roughly the same size as well. 
- You need precision and accuracy when launching.         
- You have to get the angle exactly right or it'll end in tears.         
- Make sure your O-ring is nice and stretchy beforehand.          

Similarities between AnuSol and the Hubble Space Telescope:      

- It'll open your eyes wider than you ever thought possible.

- Once it's up there, don't fiddle with it unless you really, really have to.

Of course, increased veg in diet has solved all problems... Which brings us back to the chemo farts...

On that cheerful note... Bye 

Anonymous