Ovarian cancer advise?

Less than one minute read time.

Hi can any one help me make a decision? I have just been diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer and have been offered surgery this will be major surgery has cancer is affecting my bowel bladder and upper stomach and above the spleen I will probably need 2 bags 1 for bowel and bladder then I will need chemotherapy they have told me the cancer will come back but dont know how long i would have 10 years or 1 year they dont know  i would be lying if I said im not scared im terrified but having seen a friend die of bowel cancer it makes me feel is it worth it.  At this moment I am pain free and I am living a full normal life if I dont have surgery I still dont know how long ive got but I want to die with dignity and do what will give me the best quality of life for whatever time I have left.for all of you out there who have gone through it was it worth  it? 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi I no exactly how u feel I was the same I had my operation 11th June last year it was a rocky road but I'm fine now at first thought I'd never get threw it as I had stents put in my kidneys for six weeks after the OP honestly thought of never get threw it I'm here to tell the tale it totally down to you no one else can answer I'm just giving you my little story I hope it's helps a little but best of luck in what ever ur decision it's a cruel world but I understand the way ur thinking best of look queen I'll keep u in my prayers xxx