Nearly 4 momths

Less than one minute read time.

My beautiful, wonderful Pops lost his short fight with a CNS lymphoma on 12 November 2015 and even though he was 79 years old and had a fantastic fun filled life he still had more to give. He was daft as a brush and gave the best bear hugs ever. I miss him so much. I would give anything for one more bear hug

Anonymous
  • Hello

I'm sorry to read of your sad loss. My partner was diagnosed with CNS lymphoma 3 years ago aged 47 and after a very long hard battle has been in remission for 2 years. It's a dreadful disease.

I lost my lovely mum to a very aggressive brain tumour 16 years ago and I still miss her and think about her every day. For me I found the pain started to feel less raw a year after she passed away - when I could no longer say "this time last year...". The first Christmas/birthday/mother's day/father's day are horrendous and once you've passed those milestones things ease a little. You have so many lovely memories of your dear dad and I promise you there will be a time when you will smile when you think of him rather than cry. It just takes time.

Big hugs and all the best xx