Breast cancer

Less than one minute read time.

Hi everyone, since past 2 weeks i felt some changes in my breast as one looks a bit larger than the other.went to the doctor yesterday n she goes its normal.you need to feel around your breast to check if there is a lump or sonething but i dont even know what a lump feels like.i had a check n i think there is a lump i dont know if i am right or not.please help me i am really stressing out.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Evening Noor

Welcome to the Mac Community.

You more than anyone will know your breasts well enough to realise when something isn't right so you did the right thing seeing your GP to get his checked out.

I get the impression your GP has just put this down to normal monthly changes but this may not be the case. Not all types of breast cancer appear as lumps either, along with the many non cancerous breast problems which are possible.

You can have a read of this Breast Cancer Care breast checking information (link) and go through the checklist to see if anything 'seems' familiar.

If you are still thinking something isn't right go back to your GP and tell them you want a breast clinic appointment to get your breast ultrasound scanned (far better than mammograms for detail)

GP's for the most part aren't experts in anything in particular and unless something is obvious they mostly take well educated guesses.

If you use the Information and Support tab at the top of the page there is lots of useful info to be found. You could also join the Breast Group here (not because we think this could be) but the lovely ladies there can give you their opinions and some advice.

Hope this is of some help, take care and good luck getting this looked into properly.

G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Noor. I don't want to alarm you in any way but my first symptom was a shrinkage in one breast, I had no lump but I could tell my boob was smaller. If you are truly worried I would insist on a referral or a second opinion, and who cares if your wrong it's your peace of mind. Good luck my love xxx