too many changes

1 minute read time.

When a diagnosis of cancer is given , whether for yourself or a much loved family member or dear friend , then the term bombshell might not seem to be covering how you might be feeling at such news .

Thoughts or fears of what to do next or how you will get through are probably common . If someone thinks that another person has changed their behaviour or manner after news of a diagnosis it may be that the other person is slightly afraid of what might seem to be a death sentence after hearing of a cancer diagnosis but it should not really have to be like that . 

While any behavioural changes or levels of confusion or upset are understandable they are only different forms of coping with the news of " what do I do now?. " and "what will things be like if the worst outcome becomes reality ?" .

Changes in behaviour may be a way of getting the thoughts about what the limited post-diagnosis future holds although it does still sting your emotions to the very core when your worst fears become reality if they do .

It may be a bewildering experience to feel like "I think I'm going mad here " . You're not going mad it may be that the whole magnitude of the news of a cancer diagnosis takes its' time to sink in and gradually but reluctantly accepted . 

It might be a feeling of frustration or guilt that you have not done more to give relief to the person who has just had the diagnosis but just by being there with them to help them allows you to find time to work out how you might cope later on once that person has left .

Anonymous