Nausea preventing eating.

Less than one minute read time.

My brother has terminal mesothelioma and very little time left. He is basically starving to death because he can't face food or even the mention of it without experiencing nausea.  

He has little pain & is only taking 2mg morphine 2 - 3 times daily, and a stool-softener to counteract the morphine/inaction/poor diet. 

Tried steroid once, but said made feel sick & very ill, so very reluctant to try again.

Anyone got experience of similar problem & able to offer advice?  Would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Higrannysan,

Welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's diagnosis. I hope you find comfort here.

Unfortunately, I can't give you any specific medical advice, but I can point you in the direction of those who can. I think that you might be better off posting your questions into ourMesothelioma forum (Group) group. Click into the group, click the 'Join the group' link at the top of the page, and then you will be able to start a new discussion. Those affected by mesothelioma will be able to reply to you and give you any advice they have. You might also want to join some other groups to make sure you get the best experience possible using the community. These might includeFamily and friends forum (Group), Carers only forum (Group), Supporting someone with incurable cancer forum (Group) and Emotional support forum (Group), as all are filled with members who are going through similar situations to yourself.

You can also post medical questions (like those you have asked already) into our Ask a nurse discussion, where a Macmillan nurse will get back to you. Click into the discussion, click any of the 'Reply' buttons, and then type in your message.

Of course, you can always ring the support line and speak to someone directly (freephone 0808 808 0000, Mon-Fri, 9am-8pm).

Best wishes,

Jazmine
    Online Community Officer
    Macmillan Cancer Support