who caused the cancer?

Less than one minute read time.

My ex husband has just died of a brain tumour. The divorce was only finalised 3-4 months ago. The cancer was almost certainly there in the run up to the divorce and his behaviour certainly added to the events leading to the divorce.

I was a away when he collapsed and was rushed into hospital with the brain tumour. His family didn't let me visit or communicate with him in any way and I have been told that I don't/didn't need any information about his illness as I am not family-but an exwife.

I am so angry-angry at the cancer, angry at his family. 

I am going to his funeral in the next few days as it will be my only chance to say Goodbye. I think the cancer caused the divorce, they think that I caused the cancer.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi - just joined this site and saw your story. The love of my life passed away 10 years ago now from a brain tumour.....He adored me and me him but sadly we parted before he died due to total personality change on his behalf. At the time we didn't know of the tumour. We split up in the August and the following April he had a seizure in the opticians. Was taken to hospital from there and died at his mothers in the August. We had reconciled in the December but things were not good. His mum was pretty dreadful to me when I was visiting him in his final weeks so understand exactly where you are at. The funeral wasn't easy but at the end of the day I had my memories with him and would not have dreamed of not being there. I still think of him every day and am blessed to have had him in my life. Cancer got me 5 years ago - had operation, chemo and radiotherapy but survived (so far)! Life goes on - live each day as if it's your last.....wish you well and hope it helps to know there is someone else out there that went through what are going through now X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Love, No you didn't cause the  cancer!!, just a families grief, lashing out  and ye sit hurts, You will, I hope have had fun times with him , remember those times, not sure about the 'not allowed, don't need stuff, you were after all his wife, and only lately an ex wife, again words used to wound, you might ask citizens advice, re your standing in  law, if it concerns you. If not, cherish the good times, don't look back in anger, 

All the best,

RustyK xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for your replies-it makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one that this has happened to. I know grief makes people lash out. I just hope that for everyone it gets a little easier as time goes by.