Feelings through chemo

1 minute read time.

Well here I am describing an illness I didn't want or need. July 15 I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer within 3 hours I had every test available and told to tell my family I have cancer. Going home was unreal how do you tell loved ones you got such an horrible disease. I told my partner first he was in disbelief took me three days to tell my mom that was the hardest we have such a long history of cancer in the family. How can a mom make you better she was helpless. I had my right breast off in August 15 and started fec chemo october 4 sessions and then 4 sessions of doxetatactel excuse my spelling. I was scared confused and yet strong willed laughed it off in front of everyone. I hated my body having no control on anything I was just appointment after appointment. The fec left me tired and sickly yet I coped quite well. Expected the next stage to go ok I was wrong never felt so ill pain all over no taste buds and churning tummy. If it had been my first ever chemo think I would of gave up. I know this sounds vain my worse moments was Christmas and new year I run a pub and had to be on show yet I hated my body lack of hair and wanted to hide. But I couldn't. I've shouted I've cried pushed people away and yet inside felt so alone. My family and friends have all been supportive yet felt I had to pretend to be ok to spare them the hurt. Got 3 more chemo sessions left and just want to tell everyone you can get through things and listen to your bodies God bless you all the future is all that matters just focus on the end of the nightmare cancer brings.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I know how you feel I too was diagnosed in August and started my chemo 2nd October ,like you I am stage 2 breast but also lymph nodes .i have my last chemo today YEEEY!!! I

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Greendragon,   (name of your pub perhaps ?)

Noticed you joined the Breast Group a while back... Do check out the January Chemo Club discussion pages (link)

There is lots of information there about side effects and how to ease them (especially the Docetaxel)

Hope this is of some help at a tough time, whoever said Tax doesn't have to be Taxing obviously never had it  :(

Take care, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

That's quite encouraging. You got your family and friends support, and their care will be very helpful and it's one of the reasons that why the chemo should be insisted in though it's hard. Recently some related organizations put focus on the precision of drugs, and related studies were undergoing, which means in the near future, the chemo won't bring so much side effects like hair losing and so on, drugs will also do that. Any way drug discovery and development is getting developed with the effort of many professionals. But hope you will  be much better soon and leave the hardship of chemos far away.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

yes am not female but wanted to share. My partner was with me when I was diagnosed with bowel cancer. The rest of my family I got together and told them all at once. I also offered them all private chats or group questions to help them get through the process. I used to be a Staff Nurse which helped me help them best I could. There is no easy way of telling so just get it done.