2nd of November update

Less than one minute read time.

Had my monthly chemo oncologist appointment today and it was the worse news I have had for 6 months

My white blood cell count dropped and is just above the abnormal range at 1.66 but I can still go on chemo next week but it looks like I will have to give it 30 days in between cycles rather than 23.

Platelets were fine so just need to keep fighting and have lots of rest

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thats all you can do dear... fight on. Alot of people have blipps but theyre usually just that.. an annoying unwanted blipp. Good luck xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My wbc's crashed to 0.6 so I had my three weekly cycle extended to four. Oncologist said it would make no difference. For my last four cycles I got a white blood cell booster jag the day after my chemo, which did the trick. But she said they don't usually give that jag to people like me. (I think because it is expensive). I went back to three week cycles. Maybe she was also trying to avoid me getting infections, cause she prescribed me it this week even though it was my last chemo.

Love

Alison xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Alison,

Thank you for commenting.

How many cycles have you been on and what chemo drug?

Colin

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Tillytotts for commenting 

Yes there is a lot of blipps and I am sure there is more to come.

Colin

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Colin, 

I am on cisplatin and doxorubicin (also known as Adriamycin). Because my wbc's crashed they lowered the dose, so that meant instead of getting six cycles, it was spread over nine. I had the ninth last week. That means I have now had the full dose allowed, 450ml. It's for womb cancer that spread to the omentum. 

I had the first two cycles (every 3 wks) but then had heart palpatations but I had to wait to get the heart scan and monitor, I ended up with a gap of two months to cycle number 3! But still the oncologist at The Beatson in Glasgow said it wouldn't make a difference. So maybe you don't need to worry too much, your gaps aren't as big as that one.

Lots of love

Alison xxx