Respite of Sorts

1 minute read time.

We have had a week of calmness after some 8 weeks of what has felt like exhausting madness. this has been an 18 month journey with a short intermission at the end of 2014. The intermission was short lived and chemo started the summer of 2015. After the third cycle we had the message so many people must get but so few can be prepared for. When you're told "go home and spend what time you've got together" and given some morphine how are you meant to react? This was a few weeks before Christmas and a whole new lack of understanding swept over us. After weeks of night time interventions (thanks to all those nurses who attended and helped to a level of comfort) and ever increasing doses of morphine and anti sickness drugs she was finally given a syringe driver a couple of days befor Christmas. This is the first full week (touch wood) of no sickness and no stack doses of morphine. Co-incidentally the GP and Oncologist are expressing surprise that she has lasted or not deteriorated further. So it sounds like a CT scan is being planned to check on progress (?).

This blog is not intended to be about me. But I am exhausted after all this time and I am finding places that are darker than I ever imagined. 

Anonymous