Why draw?

Less than one minute read time.

I created a blog about living with cancer. Not how to fight it, but about my experience of dealing with it.
I set it up on Wordpress here: https://thebigc.blog/

DRAWING THERAPY
Why draw? Chemotherapy leaves you weak and defenceless. For many months, drawing was pretty much all I could manage.

One way I found to deal with my new normal was to draw, something I haven’t done for a long time. It helped me deal with my experience and my emotions, and to share how I felt with others – especially my family and friends.

Anonymous
  • HI Mark,

I've just been diagnosed with Rectal cancer, it comes under the bowel cancer umbrella.

I have found drawing helpful too. I am about to start my chemo on Monday. Your blog has given me the inspiration to carry on with my drawing.

I hope all is well with you.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mbun,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I found there were lots of things my family, friends and I didn't say to each other, thinking we were protecting one another. My drawings touched on some of those. 

Good luck with the chemo.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

And Mbun, I've just seen you are T3 with two suspect lymph nodes.We're all different, but that was the same diagnosis as mine.

You're probably still processing, but my radiochemotherapy (followed by surgery and 6 months of chemo) was a success. The scan found no signs of cancer. Just waiting for my follow-up colonoscopy on Monday.

Keep strong

Mark