Didn't realise how tired we are.......................

1 minute read time.

So, you find out a loved one has cancer, it isn't happening to you, but your world crashed the same as theirs.  It has been since June we found out, both had a 50th birthday, (It's young to me), Even though my daughter says she is really old at 30 yeah right! - Changed jobs, live life, cried, laughed, hidden away, argued, buried heads, faced the music, played music, danced, well I did, my husband sort of moves.

And we are still here, fighting but extremely exhausted trying to be normal.  If there is such a thing!

It doesn't matter what cancer it is, it doesn't matter how long, what operations, what options and which way you go, it is scary, tiring, thought provoking, emotional and can change you.

Some do this alone, some fight with families, some give up, some write blogs.......................

Me today - is tired, my husband is my world, but has changed, he is insecure, and I don't blame him, he is frightened of losing me, his man hood, his life as we know it Jim!  He is deep enough and thinks a lot, throw this into the mix and he is deeper, more of a thinker and quiet.  I spend time trying to cheer him up, staying positive, lots of hugs and re-assurance, he switches off a lot and needs his own time, as we all do.

So tonight I will share some time with a friend, and think of something fun to do at the weekend with my husband. Which we make plans on a Friday, this changes on the Saturday, by Sunday we didn't do anything and Monday back at work. 

But I will still keep smiling.................I hope he does too.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tina, I love your sense of humour and hope it helps make a little light of the situation. Getting any cancer is a shock but prostate cancer has a strong chance of a good outcome so hold fast and smell the flowers.

Cheers

John

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hya Tina

Just wanted to say tiredness is part of it, l have a brain tumour l also have had a stroke in October, today l met my grandson for lunch l am on a lot of pain medication plus anti sickness pills blood thinner just had radiation treatments so not feeling that great anyway but l have become a insomniac l cannot sleep.

My head hurts so it won't let me, l am so run down l get mouth ulcers sore throats stomach things l can't eat but l drink too much water.