Sew I have cancer!

• The fountain of blood

FormerMember
    FormerMember

As its nearly Halloween I thought I'd share a nice gory tale. I wouldn't read on if you've got a vivid imagination and get queasy. 

This past week hasn't been a ball. The only balls were the ones formed in each of the tumour wounds. As I had to see nursey for my pathology results this week, I thought I'd mention the swelling suture lines. After being poked and prodded by a doctor, I was told they were seromas…

• They say things happen in threes'

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Honestly, I couldn't make this up. 

Another night, another email, another "friend" who is now not. This one really does takes the biscuit. 

Like many people when they first get diagnosed, I shared the news with friends because I thought I should tell them and if I'm being honest, because I hoped they'd be supportive. I was soon inundated with text messages and emails that I found increasingly difficult to…

• A Bollywood bag and a bad, bad temper tantrum

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hands up, it was me.  

After last weekend's misery, I've been left feeling angry. Partly because of inevitable frustration but mostly because of unthinking berks (if you weren't all so nice, I'd use a much ruder word).  But thanks to the lovely posters on my last blog entry, I now feel no duty of care to "friends" who seek only to obtain information of my medical status to satisfy their own needs.…

• What, I'm not Superwoman?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My friend called on Sunday, to ask if it was okay for him to stay on Friday. Of course I said it was fine but reminded him that I had my operation on Tuesday and I might not be my usual hostess self.

Friday came and although I was tired, cooking wasn't impossible. Thanks to the dishwasher I didn't have to clean up too. Friday became Saturday and I was starting to flag. He doesn't do sitting down, so he drove me for a…

• Brick boobs and a silver lining?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The day of surgery wasn't quite what I had expected, it was almost pleasant. I'm no masochist but the people I met, made it an awful lot easier than the mental melee I was prepared for.

Putting guide wires in place on both sides was at times comical. The positions I found myself clamped to a mammogram, I'm sure would have challenged a yoga guru. The lovely ladies in Radiology were so patient when my escaping boobs…