This is me

Less than one minute read time.

Hi to all , this is my first time blogging. First of all I'd like to wish everybody a happy St Patrick's Day hope it's enjoyable. Well some things about me, my name is Cheryl and I live in Solihull, currently in remission from skin cancer, which means that I can still live life to the full, whatever that means.

The sun is trying to come out and I hope that it gets better as the day goes on as I'm off to a fundraiser for Macmillan at The Custard Factory. I remember when that was the Bird's Custard Factory does anybody else remember Bird's Custard, blimey I'm really showing my age now. 

I'm also a volunteer for Macmillan which I love doing as it means I get to meet loads of great people and also pursue my passion of travelling to different places and enjoying new experiences.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi AnnieDtt

My first blog also! It was a great day - St Patrick's Day AND the Irish won the Rugby! Umm Bird's Custard - I remember mixing the powder with milk - we all preferred it raw!!

Congratulations on all you have achieved and are taking forward. Inspirational.

Best wishes and hope the fundraiser was a howling success despite the winter outlook!

Jane 3steps

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jane3steps Saturday went really well lots of people attended which considering the weather was terrifically brave and fantastic of them. I was also glad that Ireland won the Rugby,  6 Nations is a fantastic competition and hopefully I shall be able to get to a match at some point. 

I've been busy preparing for a fundraiser I'm organising with a group of friends next month on 14 April and will feature live music, dancing and stalls. First time I've organised anything like this and it has been a really positive experience it certainly gives you a valuable insight into planning and preparing a fundraiser. It all started  with my big mouth saying I think I have a brilliant idea for a fundraiser to a Macmillan fundraising manager, it's amazing how good an idea seems when you've had a glass of wine on a Sunday afternoon.