Exploding Head

Less than one minute read time.

Not even sure I have the right to post on here as my wife hasn't officially been diagnosed with Cancer and I have always thought that Macmillan was meant for terminally ill people  .

But since they have found a "Lump"  on an endoscopy to see what was causing her Anemia we have been dealing with Macmillan Nurses and Cancer Surgeons.

How do you "Deal" with it ?.

I have always managed to face everything that life has thrown at me and keep getting up and going forward, this news however has got me wanting to curl up in a corner and stay there. Obviously this isn't an option as I will support my wife in the best way that I can.

"You have to be strong" "Keep your chin up" "She'll be fine" great advise from people who are trying to help. But does it help? No not really I have never felt so helpless in my life.  

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Crock

Warm welcome to the club no one wants to join - so sorry to read about your wife, your user name says it all :(

I found it is a 'bloke' thing - we supposed to be the fixers and not being able to fix this makes you feel a bit useless. Taking you way out of your comfort zone what with that and the steep learing curve, emotional turmoil all the appointments and worries for the future - no wonder it does your head in :-/

You have done a great thing by coming here, this place can be a godsend if you need support, information or somewhere to just let off steam away from family and friends.

You mention endoscopy, can you let on what area your wife's lump is situated as being checked out for as this can be used in quite a few situations - mostly oesophagus down to stomach.

Meanwhile there is a Family and Friends Group here (link) you could join - It is a very active and friendly group that can help you get through the next couple of weeks until you find out what is actually going on and where this is heading regarding any treatments.

There are many other groups here but until you know more they can wait - this isn't cancer yet and hopefully will stay that way.

Hope this is of some help for now, take care and fingers crossed on your wifes results.

G n' J