Sue

Less than one minute read time.

Please can someone help my dad is 84 he started with prostrate cancer which now has spread  he’s had a catheter fitted was admitted to hospital was in for 4 weeks and was promised so many things yes he has someone to come in to wash and dress him but no McMillan care it is terminal with no treatment can someone please advise me what to do I feel as if my dad has just been left to die with no care

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Feel free with any info

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sue, I haven’t replied to any post before so I am very new to this, sorry to hear about your father, my father inlaw passed away with prostate December 2016 after a long battle over many years. We were offered a bed at a local hospice when things got too difficult to manage, I went through the GP, I did have to be pro active to ensure things got organised.. Hospice staff are amazing and know how to beat care for people in the late stages.. I hope this helps

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So sorry  dad at the moment is ok no pain relief yet but I need to no when McMillan nurses and help come in is only at the later stages or the start sue

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sue 

just seen your blog and was wondering how things were , with your dad?