Secondary breast cancer with bone,liver and brain mets

Less than one minute read time.

Hi all,

So my mum was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer with bone and liver mets back in The end of January! She has just finished her third cycle of capecitabine and had paid for a private trial to have her DNA tested in California! On tuesday last week she was due to get her results! After presenting herself on the Tuesday to her oncologist he admitted her straight away with SEVERE dehydration when he was talking to her she wasn’t coherent so he decided to do a brain scan! Yesterday we got the results to be told there are now cancerous cells on the lining of my mums brain! He is externally concerned and has asked all four kids and my dad for a family meeting on Tuesday I really don’t know what to expect I’m completely heartbroken and I’m just praying it’s not to tell us there is nothing else he can do! Has anyone else been in a smiliar situation? Can you live with brain, liver and bone mets? Any advise or support would be great x

Alex 

Anonymous
  • Hi Alex,

I'm really sorry to hear about your mum, my problem is my womb but I wanted to point you in the direction of support, firstly there is the helpline on 0808 808 0000 it's open from 9am tomorrow.

You might get more replies to your question if you post in the Secondary breast cancer group and you can speak to others in similar circumstances in the Family and friendsgroup.

I hope that your appointment goes well.

Lots of love

Xxx