5 stages of bteavrment

Less than one minute read time.

My Husband passed away 13 days afyer being told he had liver cancer even tho he had not been right for a while.  Just a bit angry with myself because it all happened so quick and i feel that we really didnt get to talk about how we were both feeling about the Cancer because he was so ill.  

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had a few weeks of knowing my husband wasnt going to be around for much longer but even when he died 4 weeks ago I always think there was something else I should have said something else I should have asked him we never have enough time we are angry at what is said angry at what is not said but if u had known a lot earlier it might have changed the way u spend the last few weeks with him that all u could talk about was the cancer. Its always a hard thing and I'm very sorry for ur loss so sending u hugs and keeping writting let out all ur anger and grief to people who know exactly what ur going through.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pollynoll  Thank you for your kind words. Its 8 months on now and i  still sometimes feel upset that we did not talk. Because back in 2014 we had a scare, But it turned out to be nothing    He became ill a few weeks before being told he had cancer and in all that time i feel he put the barriers up and sort of shut me out,   It was so hard   And he seemed angry sometimes and i could not work that out  .  But i am now told that was part of it,      We always talked before so why not then    To be honest i think he guessed he had cancer before he got his test results back  its just the way he reacted after being told  He seemed so calm and collected  ,  My older Daughter and i are going on Holiday which my self and my Hubby booked before all this happened   Maybe the break might do me good    Thank u once again.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's Been a long time since I've been on here  after loosing my Husband 18 months ago and 33 years of marriage I feel I need to start to smile again.  I go back to Ireland  every year to my mother's family  and I've known this Lovely guy for over 42 years and he was also friends with my Husband.   But he asked me to stay the night with him  last year but I didn't I wasn't ready. Not after 8 months only But we do talk all the time and I've got the feeling something may happen this time. Is it wrong after 19 months 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's Been a long time since I've been on here  after loosing my Husband 18 months ago and 33 years of marriage I feel I need to start to smile again.  I go back to Ireland  every year to my mother's family  and I've known this Lovely guy for over 42 years and he was also friends with my Husband.   But he asked me to stay the night with him  last year but I didn't I wasn't ready. Not after 8 months only But we do talk all the time and I've got the feeling something may happen this time. Is it wrong after 19 months