Waiting for results

1 minute read time.

Hi, I’m 48 and Recently diagnosed a couple of days ago with vulva cancer and waiting for an mri to determine what stage I am at, feeling kind of numb with it all and can’t believe I have cancer! Although the pain does remind me at times! 

It started with what the doctors thought was a small cyst which grew and became very sore after another appointment with the gynae dept and a biopsy the following day, I have been told it is vulva cancer. Spoke to a wonderful nurse who explained what the next step would be Which is the mri followed by the staging and that’s where I’m at so far, just waiting for a phone call or letter.

I got married 5 weeks ago to the love of my life and whilst this wasn’t what we expected It is here and we just have to deal with it, the support from my husband is amazing. The hardest thing was telling our girls (all early 20’s but the hardest thing ever to tell your children)

Fingers and toes crossed for the best possible result! I’ve been reading some of the blogs on here and people are so brave, I only hope I can be as things move forward.

Any advice/chats would be appreciated 
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi MJA

Sorry to read about your recent diagnosis and you needing to join us here :(

There is an active and friendly Vulva Group you should join to make contact with those who have been where you are now to get some support, advice and any questions you may have answered.

You can find the Vulva Group clicking here- when the page opens just select join this group (just under the groups name) and you can them start a discussion.

Hope this helps you to settle in, take care and good luck with those mri/staging results, G n'J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thankyou Dreamthief