Colon Cancer Follow up Scan Results. Worried!!

1 minute read time.

Hi everyone I'm just after a bit of advice please. My dad was diagnosed last jan 17 with colon cancer and it was in 6 lymph nodes out of 24.

He then had a total perm bowel removal and managed to complete 5 chemo sessions out of 12. He looked so poorly last year but he now looks the picture of health bless him.

We were all looking forward to getting the all clear from his first CT scan in Jan this year but his surgeon advised him that a tiny something come up on his liver?! The surgeon said that it was tiny and he couldn't even see anything himself on the scan but it needed investigating given his history. 

He has since had a PET scan and MRI but this was over 2 weeks ago and he rang this morning to see what was going on and the nurse said that his case was going to be discussed this Thursday at the MDT meeting.

I am now in full panic mode that this means that something bad as come up on the scans he's had on his liver?! :(

Has anyone had any experience of something coming up on a follow up bowel cancer CT scan on their liver and it not being anything? 

Does the fact that my dads results being discusssd in an MDT meeting generally mean that something has come up on the scans that needs attention in everyone's experience?

Thanks so much xx

Anonymous