7th post onto macmillan NANONIFE ONE YEAR ON

1 minute read time.

This is my seventh 7th post / blog

It has been over a year since I had nanonife surgery to remove growth in prostrate. diagnosed january 2018 with Gleason 7  PSA 17, cancer was contained in gland. I have always remained cautious about singing the praises of nanonife as it is still not widely available and long term results have not been published.

My choice to go down the nanonife route was due to the advise given that

a) non invasive surgery  b} great recovery time c} does not stop other treatment being available at later stage, if it doesnt work d) full control of water works e) no erectile problems.

Ok, All the points above are true. I have had a great recovery and I feel fit and well.  One year on with psa dropping from 17 to 1   My one year revision MRI scan shows worrying areas just next to nanonife surgery area up against the prostrate gland wall.  I need now to go have another biopsy done.  ( oh Joy )   I am expecting this to show a return of the cancer cells. as what else can it be.  If this is proven to be correct then I will then enter a new phase of treatment, possibly HIFU.    So I was correct to be cautious about the nanonife treatment as my outlook is that  i am now back to square one again.   Friday 24th may 2019 is biopsy day with a follow up consultation a week later to go over results. 

I will keep informing and blogging on my tretment journey in case it helps anyone else decide on nanonife or not. 

Anonymous