Mum's diagnosis

Less than one minute read time.

My beautiful mum has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer a complete shock and has come completely out of the blue. Doctors think it's womb cancer and has gone to the lining of her lung but tests are still on going. Mum had no symptoms atall until too late she's been bleeding for 10 weeks from her cervix but by the time she had this symptom she was stage 4 before this she had none! Het doctor told her 2 months ago she didn't have cancer and she would know if she did! My mum is 72 and if she makes it she will be 73 in March which I think is still young! No-one in my family has or has had cancer so come as a boky out of the blue! I am spending my time reassuring mum and giving her hope she is terrified and begging me not to let her die it's heart breaking. We are currently waiting for them to pinpoint the cancer but most likely womb cancer. Once pinpointed can talk about treatment etc they can't cure her but maybe prolong her life I feel everyday is a gift with her. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi hopemathew

I am so so sorry to hear about your mum. You sound such a caring daughter you must be devastated. Your love for her shines through your messages and she is so lucky to have you in her life caring and supporting her. I dont know what to say really apart from if you need to talk I am here for you.

Please take care of yourself.

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thankyou for your kind words my whole life is my Mum I have always put her first I am married and we all live together all come as package had a happy life. I really feel when the time comes I really don't want to live in a world without my mum . I won' laugh the same or have anyone that understands me the most we have the same outlook humour personality. I' furious she will prob only get to 73 too young I thought she would get into her 90s like her parents. Cancer doesn' even run in our family. Life is a cross between a gift and hell and days like today o really don' see the point the only thing keeping me going in looking after mum family and friends but even then when the time comes I don't want to live without her