the silent after sharing the cancer news to family, friends and work friends.

Less than one minute read time.

I shared  in a private message to all my friends and family  - that I have Fast growing Lymphoma Cancer.
 words of support through the journey of treatment would help  to keep me positive .  90% of people replied to the message but then -silent   its made me a bit lonely inside my heart

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi,  I am sorry you find yourself here but hopefully you will find it a great source of support?  

Sometimes I think those we love and care for are at a loss in the first instance of what to say and unfortunately many decide upon not saying anything at all.  Perhaps you could send another message out to everyone explaining that you understand they might be scared or shocked but they need not worry about saying the wrong thing more that you would rather they just said what they felt?

Luckily I found most of friends and family really supportive and very few indeed shied away completely.

You will also find great support here online, there are many others who use the forums daily who could provide you with support that is on a deeper level as they understand exactly what you may be going through?

I hope that you are able to gain that support and that in doing so it helps you on your journey

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

It's very difficult for all concerned, I'm sure they are shocked and just don't know what to say. When it sinks in I'm sure they will be desperate to speak to you and help. There is alot of support on here, always someone to talk to on your journey.

Wishing you all the luck your deserve

Cath x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Keithjack , I would agree whole heartedly with Cath. I was diagnosed with AML August 2014 , I was admitted right away for treatment. Family,friends and colleagues all kept in touch for most of my treatment which covered 20 weeks as an inpatient over 6 month's. My great help was email. When I would find myself at the dark places, I'd sit and email at say the middle of the night . Good thing was I was usually lucky and recived replies at those moments of dispare. I know I ramble on. I'm doing visits at three month intervals. The odd email still helps. CRG . P.S. if you want drop me a message anytime a sentence a couple of words can get you over the next wee difficulty.