Back to work

Less than one minute read time.

This was my first week back.  I am always prepared for anything as I don't expect anything. What I don't understand is when people think because you had cancer removed your brain went with it. It is very upsetting to find just after two months off sick your competence in a job you been doing for nearly twenty year is in question only because you had cancer removed. What is going on in this world, people have gone crazy. With all that happening, I had a Grading in my Karate class on Wednesday. It was lovely to achieve something at the end of a crazy start of the week. I feel great and will always do my best no matter what as nothing is impossible.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Zozo 14

I know exactly what you mean.   So, what I did, apart for telling my husband I had cancer, I did not mention  it to friends, family (sisters, sisters in law, kids etc etc).  I do go to my rad sessions alone or with my husband and meet friends afterward for a cup of coffee or so and nobody looks at me as if I  am not a normal person. I just am the same old friend.

It is true that people looks at you differently when you have cancer and I, for myself, could not have supported being taken in pity.    One of my  sister has  breast cancer since 20 years, my mother also breast  cancer (still alive at 96 years old).   So you can live very long after cancer. 

But,  if it stop you for having a job that you really want why tell them you have cancer (it's private and confidentail matters).    Not everybody is made like me but for me ''telling everybody I had cancer was not an option'' 

God bless you,

Charlene70