Loss of appetite

Less than one minute read time.

My brother had prostate cancer and now secondary bone, has many up and down days, he however cannot get out of the house, has pain very bad most days and has lost his appetite only eating soft foods which is inevitably going to make him weaker, he takes morphine has hormone injections etc, please does anyone  have ideas to increase appetite, we are very concerned.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My grandad had secondary bone, they didn't really try to much with him but my grandma has been a volunteer with macmillan for over 10 years now and was a nurse at GOSH before hand, I know she has heard of people making special smoothies with protein powder in them to help a little but I think it is very subjective depending on meds and bits will try and have a look to see if I can find a bit more for you x

Really sorry to hear about your brothers diagnosis and will be thinking of you xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for your help.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

C they not give him steriodes tablets my dad has prostate cancer which has spread into the bones and yesterday we found out its spread into his jaw they have uped his steriodes tablets to 4 a day and believe me he's very hungry on steriodes just an idea hope it works x