Bladder cancer

1 minute read time.

Hi all I'm a 68 year old male....about 3 weeks before Christmas I noticed my wee was quite dark and discoloured but I was not alarmed..on boxing Day morning I went for a pee and it was a constant stream of blood..the next time it happened was new year's Day another constant stream of blood....

I had an appointment with my doctor on 4th January who after examining me and seeing blood in my urine sample booked me in to see the urologists on January 11th....

On having my ultrasound scan the examining nurse exclaimed OMG are you passing blood which I said yes quite a lot...then a few doctors came in and said I did not need the cystotomy as they saw I had a tumor on the scan....

I'm now booked in for an operation on 5th February my big big worry is it none muscle invasive or is it invasive....

Have to say other than peeing a heck of a lot and the feeling after finishing my pee my bladder is not empty I feel pretty ok...

Have to say I'm the kind of man who thinks his glass is half empty...thank you for taking time to read this my first post...

Rooney........

Anonymous
  • Hi Rooney and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of your concerns. Could I invite you to join us in the Bladder Group . As well as keeping up your blog here, you can post your questions in the group where there are many of us who have been through this and will be able to offer help and support. Best wishes.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Riley , thank you for acknowledging my post, and yes I would like to join the bladder group, to exchange things with the group, I look forward to hearing from others who have been through what I'm about to go through and to share what is ahead of me

Thank you again Riley

Rooney......

• Hi Rooney. I see you have joined the group. if you look near the top of the page in the group, you will see Start a Discussion. If you post your concerns there, you should get help from the experience of others who have been through this. As a bit of reassurance, I had invasive bc 4 years ago. Still here. best wishes.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Riley..thank you for your post...so much going through my head...I'm just starting what you have been through...I keep reading about BCG....whatever that entails.....

All the best

Rooney......