Pet scan staging

Less than one minute read time.

Hey xWe are due to go for a pet scan on Thursday and also have her line put in for chemo, I have read about lines and ports and my daughter is scared of needles but I don't think she will want to be awake for this , does anyone know if they put lines/ports in while under anaesthetic? or must she be awake? 

Thanks guys x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

<p>Hi

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

I had my picc line done in Treliske hospital truro, but assume they do it similar in most hospitals. I had a local anaesthetic in my arm then they inserted the line.  My arm was covered with the blue surgical sheet so I couldn&#39;t see what was going on but the nurse&#39;s talked me through exactly what they were doing every step.  To be perfectly honest trying to  have my canullar inserted every 3 weeks was much more unpleasant than getting my picc line fitted  

</p>

<p>

Hope all goes well for your daughter 

</p>

<p>

stay strong even as the bumps  sometimes seem to big to get on over

</p>

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

<p>I had my port put in under local.  I suffer badly from anxiety but it was fine - I felt nothing and spent most of the time giggling at the sight of a six foot six burly looking technician wearing a teddy bear lead apron.

</p>