You are really testing me

1 minute read time.

As I have said in previous blogs I have been at this game a long while and had to go through some horrid procedures as we all have but always in the back of my mind there has been this thought that all those nasty bits are to keep this cancer under control and to give me time. That I can cope with, they are necessary to keep me alive as long as possible. What is really testing me is the ridiculously silly problems that I just don’t need. The weather being wet plays havoc with my bronchiectasis - I spend much of the day coughing and spitting out gross mucus (so very ladylike) and it’s so tiring, oh to be able to live in a warm climate for the winter months. 

There is a constant battle to stay away from bugs and germs that means turning down invitations from friends when actually I just want to say sod it im coming.

And then I have problems with my teeth, in the last year I’ve had to have two removed due abscesses, they were over an hour each to extract, apparently I have curly roots and my 2nd extraction caused more problems as the tooth in front broke and my wisdom tooth is wobbly. I have the added complication that I am unable to lie back during procedures as I can’t breathe and choke easily due to my vocal chord not closing properly. I am due to see the oral surgeon this week and can say at this moment in time I need them to get all the problems sorted and so I can then get on and regain the weight I have lost. If a strong wind came it would blow me over I’m that skinny!

As cancer sufferers we don’t need all these silly things taking up our precious time we have more important things to focus on so all you colds, coughs, tummy bugs, teeth problems and any other irritant please leave us well alone is you that tips us over the edge. Oh and if winter would be so kind as to just be crisp and cold (without snow or rain) and hurry up into spring that would be marvellous!

Anonymous