I have to give it a go

1 minute read time.

Well after what has been a tremendous amount of time without treatment and the tumours staying reasonably stable, I was told a fortnight ago that the tumours, two in particular were on the move again and had grown quite considerably in size from the last scan that I had. I would of understood the news a little better had I not (wrongly) thought that actually I was doing ok (for me that is). So came the usual upset, then anger then acceptance of the situation. And so, tomorrow I start on a new oral chemotherapy on a half dosage to start off with to see whether I can cope with it. To say I’m a little apprehensive would be an understatement given the complications I have had on previous drugs however it came down to this. I did not want my daughter to always wonder in years to come why I hadn’t tried a drug out of choice when I was being given one and if it doesn’t impede on my quality of life but gives me more quantity then surely that it is a good thing.

As I make my way to bed for an early night, I go with an almighty positive head on and with the thought that I can only give it a go!

Anonymous