Blood counts

Less than one minute read time.

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with probably follicular lymphoma 18 months ago. Last March my lymphocyte count was 18.8 and looking like chemo by the end of this year. Since then I have taken turmeric tablets for an arthritic knee. My lymphocyte count has gradually gone down to 2.6. Has anyone else found this happening?  I feel very fit and healthy. I do not know if the decrease is related to the turmeric or it is just a coincidence. I would like others points of view.

All the best to you all.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tynegate.

In case nobody has commented about turmeric. There are a number of people who believe in the use of turmeric when you have cancer. There are various papers written about this. My sister was in a similar situation and has used turmeric and it has been a great help. Carry on using it.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for that comment

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tynegate,

Welcome to the Online Community. We're glad you've come to us for support.

I'm pleased to hear that your blood counts have gone down. Our volunteer expert pharmacist, Harpreet, has answered a similar question about turmeric, and her answer may provide you with more information about its effects.

We've got a busy Follicular lymphoma forum (Group) group you might find helpful to join. Please do take a look and see if it's for you. Members are so friendly and welcoming, and happy to share stories of their experiences. We've also got a group of nurses and experts you can post questions to in Ask an Expert (Group). They'll get back to you in two working days.

Also, if you ever feel you need to speak to someone directly, please do give the Macmillan support line a call (freephone 0808 808 0000, Mon-Fri, 9am-8pm) as the nurses and advisers are here to help you.

I hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need anything - we're here.

Best wishes,

Jazmine
    Online Community Officer