The dreaded C word

Less than one minute read time.

Cancer. 

The word that no-ne wants to hear.

Particularly about your 27 year old husband. 

It just doesn't seem fair. We just got married, had a baby and have our whole future ahead us and someone drops this massive C bomb on us. 

Although he was diagnosed 5 months ago, lately I've been feeling the need to vent my feelings a bit. I know I'm not the one with cancer. And I can only begin the understand what this is like for him. But I feel like I'm trying to hold everything together and keep a brave face and that's hard too. 

People often say to me they can't belive how well I'm coping. I'm not sure what they expect to see. Me not showering or leaving the house? I'e got to keep it together for my husband and our little boy. But that doesn't mean this isn't turning my world upside down. 

Anyway that's my first little vent for today...

Anonymous
  • Hi Littlefrog,

I understand how you are feeling people keep asking me how I am and I tell them I'm good and fine as I know that's what they want to hear. They also tell me that I am coping so well but really we either hold ourselves together or the alternative is to walk about snotty nosed, red eyed, moaning and gibbering.

I think unless people have been through it they just don't seem to understand, I know I didn't before it happened to me. That's why I love this site.

If you need it, there is support for both of you, a good place to start is the Macmillan helpline (number below).

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for your comment. It' nice to know someone knows how you feel. Xx