“ You shouldn’t have this.”

Less than one minute read time.

Clinic Appointment today was full on . So much information to take in. The consultant confirmed that they had removed 2 large tumors from My husbands tongue and lymph glands and sourround tissue as the cancer had broken through the gland wall. They did cut his lower jaw through and removed 3 teeth and a buried wisdom tooth. 

The next step is the planning of the next treatment. 6/7 weeks of radiotherapy and 2 of chemotherapy simultaneously. The effects of which are going to be horrendous. I do not want this for him . It’s heart breaking. He is a calm quiet man who will dig deep into her s amazing inner strength and I am sure he will do this and get to the other side . He has coped with the surgery so well although this feels like a higher mountain to climb.

I am going to be looking for all sorts of advice, hints and tips to help me to get him through this ordeal! 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

The oncologist ran through his history lifestyle etc and then stated that he “shouldn’t have this cancer “ . Hence the title of this post x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Nelly61

You might like to join the Head & Neck group on the site.  You'll find plenty of tips and support there to help you along.  I've had treatment for base of tongue & lymph node cancer and I know the journey was just as hard for my husband as it was for me. So you might also find the Carers Group useful. 

Best wishes to you and your husband.  xx