I sat on an Elephant.....

1 minute read time.

Couldn't think of a more appropriate title for today. It's been an odd day! I woke in a good mood, I'd enjoyed a nice weekend and am heading to see my old charges at the end of this week. So feeling pretty good!

Then I texted a few of my friends and they ALL without exception, were down in the dumps! I did my best to listen, offer advice and jolly them along. While working and trying to keep myself in a positive mood!

Then this afternoon I had an accident with an Elephant and decided to share my mishap with a friend to see if I could make her smile! So I explained that I was hurt, as I had just sat on a plastic elephant and that it was probably worse for the elephant as he nearly got lost between my Big Butt Cheeks!! 

She replied saying she did laugh!! My job was done! It made me realise that however glum people feel, sometimes it only takes something silly like that to pull them out of the darkness and back into the light! Obviously it's not always going to work, as we all have days when we don't want to be jollied along. We want time to ourselves, time to moan, time to feel sorry for ourselves. But sometimes all we need is a little bit of light humour!

So I suppose what I am trying to say is, IF you want to cheer up your friends tell them about the ELEPHANT in your BUTT CHEEKS! It makes a change from avoiding the elephant in the room!! 

Anonymous