CAN'T KEEP MY EYES OPEN......

1 minute read time.

WELL UNTIL I COME TO BED THAT IS!

SERIOUSLY what is it with me! All through the day I am literally struggling to stay awake! My eyelids feel heavy and i feel myself dropping off. In the evening while watching tv I begin to drop off.

BUT

I walk up the stairs and brush my teeth and jump into bed AND it's like a bloody switch has been flicked and I am wide awake! 

Do I enter a parallel universe when I go up those stairs? Does everything go into opposite mode? Or am I just losing the plot!?

Whatever the answer I am so fed up with it. I want to sleep, I need to sleep, but something is stopping me! I know the pain meds are probably the cause of my drowsiness during the day, but then why doesn't it work at night? Is it some weird side effect whereby it only causes drowsiness when you are sitting up, as soon as you lie down you wake up! I'm like a tiny tears doll in reverse......although I haven't started wetting myself yet! So there's still hope for me! 

I'm to think that my body has just decided that sleep is overrated, I mean who needs hours of sleep every night, when you could be doing more interesting things like shopping on line or posting on here! Sleep is just a waste of time! 

Except it's not a waste of time and i would give anything to be able to sleep through again. This lack of proper sleep, really is like torture! The question is who is torturing me? Is there someone I can blame? Or maybe just maybe the answer to all this lies within! The problem is I'm not sure how I work it out!

Fingers crossed a session or 2 with the counsellor will bring some sleep, assuming I don't drop off during the session! 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi London Lass

I know insomnia is a really serious matter, and something I've suffered from, but your comparison to a Tiny Tears doll did make me laugh. Maybe that's a good positive to focus on .........."Say whatever's bothering ups, but at least I'm not peeing the bed"!

I realise from reading your posts that you've had a real battle the last few years, with set back after set back. Through it all, you display an incredible strength and determination. An indominable spirit that's a lesson to us all!!

I'm always here if you want to shout, rant, laugh or cry.

Love and hugs

Rog xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hmmm,

Don't seem to be able to edit a typo in the last post. It should read

Say whatever's bothering you, then add "but at least I'm not peeing the bed" as a postscript!

Xxx

• I'm the opposite I'm afraid ( not to make you jealous) I can be in bed for 12 hours not always sleeping right away or all through the night and still snooze during the day! I know that the blue light spectrum from TV and smartphone etc can cause problems with sleeping. You can get special glasses that helps so when you go to bed you can get to sleep. I wish you luck kind regards Frank

• Hi zappaman, I am sitting here been awake since 3am, I’ve had the glasses with ‘blue’ in them for six months.... they don’t work for me. I just wish they did. Yes you did make me jealous by the way. :-) Xx