psychological nausia and vomiting

Less than one minute read time.

Hi all this is my first ever blog so forgive me! , Iam 45 years old and been recently diagnosed with Mediastinal B cell non hodgkin lymphoma. I have just completed my 8th round of RCHOP chemotherapy. within this 6 month period i had a reaction to retuximab and neutropenic sepsis 4 times, which means i now take regular GCSF injections. Over the last 4 rounds my nausea and vomiting has exacerbated even though my consultants have given me every antiemetic under the sun. it has got that bad that when i think about further scans and treatment makes me feel nauseous. When i walk onto the chemotherapy day ward, the smell instantly makes me ill with nausea and vomiting, and even writing this blog is quite difficult. Is this all in my head? am i to blame? am i going mad? Has this happened or is happening to anyone else? did you get round this? please help by letting me know what happened with your situation.

i can assure you i have been of sound mind for the past 45 years, honestly! 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi snow ski I know this is late replying to your post but I have just joined the community I was diagnosed with NHL t-cell rich b-cell lymphoma last August and my treatment was the same 8 RCHOP cycles which ended in March with final scan and what looked like it was back but then disappeared again which was a tad worrying and concerning but now currently in remission going for my first check up appointment tomorrow. But I did not want to read and run as I too had the anxiety sickness and nausea the smell the thought of it travelling round my body i was so sick for a few months towards the end of my treatment I lost so much weight, one thing they did give me which helped was lorazepam this just calmed me down and took the edge. I can relate to how you feel and just wanted to say you are not alone and I wish you all the best xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, Thankyou for your reply, it really means a lot to me. I have got my PET scan tomorrow and my results next week. It sounds as though you have had a real roller coaster ride of emotion just like me. Whilst I would not wish this on anyone I take comfort that Iam not the only one going through this. Please let me know how your check up goes and long my your remission continue. Thanks for your support