Is there a possibilty i have skin cancer?

Less than one minute read time.

Hi,

Recently I noticed a mole on my scalp (top of my head) I know moles on the scalp are rare and it's black, round and medium size. again I only recently noticed it and am concerned it may be cancerous. I have family history of skin cancer and am in my late teenage years, should I be worried?  and are there any other symptoms of skin cancer other than the mole itself, like maybe headaches or vomiting? 

Note- I have booked an appointment for the doctors just earlier today and it's in a few weeks, but am worried it's serious and I'm leaving it for two long.

Anonymous
  • Hi flower power,

I'm sorry no one has responded to your post sooner to help address your worries.

It's good to see that you have made an appointment with your gp to discuss your concerns especially with your family history, it's always good to get an expert opinion. I don't know anything about skin cancer but I do know I have a load of moles which are all fine so try not to worry too much.

There is a group specifically for skin cancer at: community.macmillan.org.uk/.../

Im sure the lovely people in this group will be able to give advice and reassure you.

If you are still worried I would also recommend calling the Macmillan helpline on 0808 808 0000 to discuss your concerns.

Good luck with your appointment.

Xx