pnet

3 minute read time.

Hi Peops

How I got here….

I had been suffering for many years with IBS, or at least that was what the diagnoses was then.

More recently I was suffering from a lot of pain in my upper abdomen, just under my ribs.

In 2014 after feeling even worse than usual, I went to my GP, tests done & I was diagnosed with a vitamin B12 deficiency, which I was told would be for life.  So, wanting to understand why I had this, I asked my GP for a defined reason (should be an underlying reason)

She then sent me for an ultrasound scan on my upper abdomen, they found a ‘cyst’ the size of a Grapefruit.  Then I was sent for an MRI, which confirmed the lump.  I was referred to a surgeon, had a couple more tests & was then told by him, that I needed to have a ‘Whipples’ operation to remove this lump.  At that point I was advised that he thought it was benign, but could become Cancerous,

So, I should have it removed to prevent that happening.

Post Op (Feb 2015) my surgeon confirmed that it was a Neuroendocrine Cancer of the Pancreas

(PNET).  This did not come as a surprise, I am realistic.  He then sent me for a scan PET/MR to check for any spread. Unfortunately, there was

A single Lymph node which was showing as being cancerous.  The surgeon had already taken numerous lymph nodes from the surrounding area, but this one ‘rougue’ node was deeper / further in.

I then had Chemo – Afinator (Everolimus) for three months, followed by further surgery (Oct 2015).

So, that was then.  I am now Diabetic.  I also take Creon for digestion (along with other Meds)

I am now fully recovered, lead a normal life, work full time.  I am trying to keep my weight down.

Pretty much pain free most of the time, suffering occasional stomach cramping, which is not nice.

BUT…… I feel very lucky to be here, & am generally happy, positive & try not to allow any negative thoughts to creep into my soul.

My Hubbi is my rock.  I am Mummi to three (grown up) children, Nanni to two wonderful Grandkids.

& our Dog gets us out walking every day for long woods walks.

Love holidaying, have been skiing twice since this happened, (having never done that before) & have

Many things I planning to do.

Anonymous