Less than one minute read time.

Hi, I'm new to this site, but not a stranger to Cancer. I have lost my grandfather, my mum and my dad to Cancer over the years. I am fair skinned, blue eyes, fair haired and a free ride for probably near 100 moles. I'm thinking a maybe a sitting duck, seeing as a mole has appeared a few months back and had grown to the size of the nail on my little finger.... And boy does it itch! Been trying to bury my head in the sand, but I can't ignore it any longer, going to make an appointment with Dr in the morning. I also realize that it doesn't necessarily mean that I have melanoma and I could be OK. But I still have survivor's guilt over the loss of family members, etc. Of which, were casualties of this cruel, unbiased murder, that is Cancer!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

writing about my life experiences as a sorta self therapy thing, see what sense I can draw from reliving it all on paper...

Prologue

This read is going to be a rollercoaster of ups & downs and good & bad. I can look back now at my childhood and see that mine was far better than many people I have met and befriended over the years. I had a loving mother and was provided for, as best my mum could.

Only there are holes in my upbringing. There were times of terror, times of total despair and times of unforgiving violence. You will hear of childhood beatings, abuse, drug addiction, committing crime, prostitution, prison, IV drug use, the loss of many lives, loss of hope, loss of faith and extreme bouts of self-destruction. You will also hear of love, happiness, contentment, romance, marriage and the bringing of new life. A 12-year period of time where my past had dissolved into small shards of memories that were kept at bay by the right concoction of friends, family, employment and a dam good woman.

Therefore, if you are a little squeamish, please refer back to the Harlequin Mills and Boon or Nora Roberts. For those of you still with me, this is not the traditional sad childhood, dabble in drugs, boy meets girl, rehab & 12 steps, new life and happy ever afters. This has more twists & turns thanMichelangelo’s paint brush, more ups and downs than Russel Brand’s bed springs.

And if you are still reading, please enjoy and be a part of my writing, for me to try and understand why my life turned out the way it did. I am writing this as I go through this journey to get the bigger picture, from those involved in certain events and those who have had to watch me destroy myself, over and over again.