Help...

1 minute read time.

Hi everyone. I haven't used this before but I am in need of some support. My fiancé is amazing but I just need some "fellow" support. I'm 21 and we had the news last week that my dad has bone cancer. He is final stage kidney failure with only 1 kidney which is functioning at 11%. In 2015 he has bladder cancer.  He has spent the last 4 weeks in hospital which they came to the diagnosis that he now has spinal cancer. He has 3 great tumour on the base of his spine. Following another MRI we have found it has gone to his pelvis also. He has severe secondary bone cancer. With a 11% functioning kidney on top of a multitude of other organ failures he was declared "Palliative" Friday night. This is a huge shock for me and I am struggling to come to terms with it. As everyone I'm sure, my Dad is my rock and I am asking a million and one questions as my head cannot process how he is end of life. It sounds horrible doesn't it? End of life! We aren't sure on the expected time frame but with his ongoing medical history and his pelvis being affected also which is so close to major organs, Christmas is looking like our best bet. Our milestone to get to. If we can get to Christmas we will all be very lucky. 

What i am asking for is some fellow support, can I have some advice on how to cope and come to terms with the news? Will there be a time when I just accept it... 

All I seem to do is cry

Anonymous