Pre assessment snd been informed i have mrsa

Less than one minute read time.

Please can anyone gave me some advice I'm going in for a mastectomy  on Monday I went for my pre assessment and have been informed over the fone that I have mrsa I have to go and collect some medication in the morning I'm now worried what this will mean to my operation 

I feel as though the every time I go to hospital I get told something else and get yet another blow I'm at my wits end please anyone with any advise about what this will mean to me everyone I seem to be accepting what is happening something else happens I don't want to worry any of my family I have informed the ward were my father in law is in as he was rushed in last Sunday and have spent everyday visiting him I'm now feeling even more guilty if I have put him in any danger 

Love patsy 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Patsy / Caravan28

Sorry to see you have been found to carry mrsa - it is something a lot of people have but doesn't become a problem until something triggers it or it gets into an open wound when your defences are low.

They may want to place you on anti-biotics for a week or so to clear this up so it shouldn't cause much of a delay.

You should post this as a new discussion into the breast group you joined there may well be others there who have come across this and can give you some advice about their experience ?

Hope this is of some help, take care, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for the advise spoke to nurse shouldn't be a problem I'm new to this site and still not sure how to use it lol but I appreciate  your help take care 

Love patsy xxx