Feeling very alone

Less than one minute read time.

Hi every1 

Don't know why I have back on here but I'm feeling do alone and scared tonight .I have the most supportive family but I just want to burden them as I know it's killing them coming to terms with my diagnoses I go foe my pre op assessment on Wednesday morning  for my mastectomy and temp implants to save the skin  I'm know in turmoil as I'm unsure I have made the right choice. My husband is great how he is coping I will never know his dad is 86yrs strong but was rushed into hospital Sunday with an infection but they don't know yet were the infection is I don't know how I'll carry on if anything happens to him .

I'm not sleeping and am feeling really guilty about my father in law being sick blaming myself he is usually very fit but I have caught him crying over me having breast cancer I'm keeping a brave face for there sake but I'm finding it really hard to carry on pretending to be so brave and  feel I'm petting every1 up some help on how I can move forwardlove pat xcxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pat

Its natural to be worried and have ups and downs when u are going thru this process. Like u I had a mastectomy and tissue expander. I was diagnosed in Jan this year, surgery in march, unfortunately was in one lymph glands so chemo was thrown into the mix. I started that in may, 6 sessions. All done 6 weeks ago and last radiotherapy today. And I've come thru it all. And so will u. But u can't blame yourself for your father in laws health, u have enough to cope with and he wouldn't want u to. He is an elderly gentleman and his problems will have nothing to do with u I'm sure.

U need to look after u. And u will get thru this. Sometimes there are setbacks but u will I've come them. You'll realise once u start that u are stronger than u think u are. I cant believe it happened to me but it did. After the shock of hearing the news I realised I had to get on with it.....what other option is there. U are just having a wobble. Take care xx Sandra

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I cannot even imagine how it feels Pat, to brave such a big operation.  As a wife whose husband is undergoing treatment for cancer, I can say confidently that carers want to support and help and it always fills me with awe how patients go through this - cause even if carers are around you, eventually you have to brave treatment yourself.  You do need to conserve your energy and not fell guilty about father in law.  You are being incredibly brave and keep going.  Don’t feel alone.  This forum has been very helpful for me when I felt like that and just want you to know that we are all sending you lots of positive vibes.  Stay positive.  Lots of love.  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, I myself had cancer and have been through it all and come out the other side. I know exactly how you feel not wanting to burden others, this can leave you feeling alone. I was the same to the extend I really did not want visitors around me in hospital or back at home.

I hated all the comments they made. Be positive, your so brave etc. Now this may seem a little ungrateful, but people who have not been through cancer, operations and especially chemo, really don't understand what you are feeling, or what you are going through. I know they mean well, but it still leaves you feeling lousy.

My advice is concentrate on yourself getting better and look to living a better life in the future.