Me

Less than one minute read time.

Starting Chemo for the first time tomorrow. Can't sleep, so worried how its going to feel tomorrow. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Morning Esheep,

Sorry to see you joining us here and reading about your chemo fears.

Can you reply stating what type of cancer you have been diagnosed with and which chemotherapy drugs regime you have been placed on (as they all behave differently) so we can advise you further about any side effects and groups you can join to get some support.

Take care, G n' J  (breast group)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Dreamthief,  Bowel Cancer, Oxaliplatin as a drip and Capecitabine tablets. Started today. Sorry still sinking in, Thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Evening Esheep,

Sorry if this is a bit brief but I have to be up just after 4am but wanted to pass this on tonight.

Do join the very active Bowel Group(clickable link) and post a new discussion with a brief introduction and ask any questions you may have about the chemo drugs you are having.

If you use the information and support tab at the top of this page you can type in capecitabine and oxiplatin to find information about these but it won't give you the experiences that the members in the bowel group can advise you about.

Take care and fingers crossed the chemo is kind to you. G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Dreamthief, Thanks for the information, will have a look this morning. Thanks again

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's the New year already.  Going to have a blood test tomo, to see how the Chemo going. I just hate needles and I have to take the kids along with me, this is going to make me feel anxious and I can't sleep, just one of the many side affects of Chemo!