A little milestone

1 minute read time.

So, two weeks through my six week treatment course today.

I had a few admin hassles when I was transferred from one hospital to another, at my request, in the sense that the receiving hospital was a bit slow in putting things in place, for example physio for my mouth etc. There are still one or two little problems to iron out but my second review today was, I must say, of a nature that inspires much admiration for health care workers, especially in this field. These guys do a really difficult, demanding and important job and they do not become rich for doing it either, to an extent that surely indicates an injustice in our societies.

Today I received very helpful advice and a feeling of support, ranging from oncologist, to dietician to speech therapist. Really good. So a big, big thanks to them.

Whilst the side effects of radio are now kicking in fairly big time, ulcerations and sore mouth etc, this was more than outweighed by my oncologist's remark that the primary tumour had shrunk visibly and significantly.

So, 1/3 of the way through, making progress. All I need is Wales to beat Belgium tonight and it will have been a really, really good day....

Anonymous