First chemo - 120917

1 minute read time.

Had my first chemo session. It started on Wednesday 6th Sept. Two days in hospital and it went quite well. No nausea, although they did give me anti-nausea drugs. Came home Friday afternoon, felt quite tired and slept like a log Friday night. A friend popped in to see me Saturday lunchtime and brought some beautiful flowers. After she left I decided to go in for a shower and then the fun started! I  started to feel a bit dizzy so called out to my ex-husband (we're still good friends and he's looking after me). I then passed out twice as well as vomiting twice.  He was afraid I was going into a coma so called the ambulance and I was back in hospital again. Turned out that my potassium levels were down due to the chemo and the vomiting.  Two days in  hospital and I feel better. Got home yesterday and had a good night's sleep.  Still having difficulty eating so am down another 2 kilos which is a bit worrying. 

I also now know what type of tumour I have. It's a Signet Ring Cell Carcinoma which is apparently quite rare. It is quite a large tumour.

I met with the surgeon yesterday. He said that as long as the tumour doesn't spread anywhere else then surgery should follow around 6 weeks after the last chemo.  Fingers crossed that the chemo does its job.

Anonymous